The Granville Police Department is proud of all the members who serve on its force. From the uniformed
officers to the administrative staff, they have committed themselves to ensuring the safety of our community.
Not only do our officers uphold and enforce the laws, they along with other staff members are active
participants in the town, volunteering their time and talents to strengthen the bonds between our
residents and our department.
The Granville Police Department encourages and empowers proactive police officers and invests in their ongoing education and their careers. Through its atmosphere and opportunities, the department strives to provide positive employee satisfaction and preserve high morale. Some benefits for a career with the Granville Police Department include:
• Take home car program.
• A competitive starting certified officer pay of $22.50 per hour that increases to $25.50 by year 4.
• Lateral pay incentive for officers transferring from other agencies, up to year 4.
• Night shift differential pay incentive.
• 401K retirement program with a 6% employer contribution match.
• Paid holidays, and paid vacation
• Physical fitness incentive for successful yearly PT evaluation.
• Paid physical training time per week in a fully equipped on-site gym.
• Individualized career development training opportunities
• Tiered advancement firearms program with instruction
• Customizable uniform policy
• Facial hair and tattoo’s permissible
• Abundant overtime potential for motivated officers
• College Degree Program
• Health Insurance at $25 Single / $50 family per pay
On top of these individualized benefits and incentives, The Granville Police Department currently certifies and trains members of its department in a variety of fields including:
• Accident Reconstructionists
• Firearm, Less Lethal, and Self-Defense Instructors
• K9 Units
• Digital Forensics Analysts
• Evidence Control Officers
• Bike Patrol
The Granville Police Department’s greatest benefit has and will continue to be its positive atmosphere created by the community it serves and the people that represent it. This coupled with the department’s encouraging and supportive staff of members, sets the Granville Police Department apart from the rest by working where you are appreciated.
For those who are interesting in joining the Granville Police Department, see the information below for
instructions and a downloadable application form.
After filling out the entire application:
• Save the file to your computer as "YourNameApplication.pdf"
• Create a new email to Brian Hill at: email@example.com
• Please use "Application - Granville Police Department" as the subject line
• Attach "YourNameApplication.pdf" to the email
• Please attach all other work experience if you have had more than 2 jobs in the past 10 years